Applicable to SketchUp Pro 2019, SketchUp Pro 2018, SketchUp Pro 2017, & SketchUp Make 2017
Applicable to SunDAT Pro, Standard, & Essential
SunDAT is missing from Extensions menu
- SunDAT did not properly install
- SunDAT is not enabled in Extension Manager
- Wrong version of SketchUp open
- SunDAT plugin file not saved in the correct location
SunDAT did not properly install
- Download the latest version of SunDAT.
- Open the installer and follow installation instructions
SunDAT is not enabled in Extension Manager
- In SketchUp, go to Window->Extension Manager
- Look for SunDAT (if it says Unsigned, this is okay) and check that the extension is Enabled on the right side.
- If it the Extension shows Disabled, click the Disabled button so it shows Enabled.
- Then press the Apply Changes button at the bottom of the Extension Manager to enable the SunDAT Extension.
Wrong version of SketchUp open
- Check the version you are on the correct version of SketchUp. If you updated to a new version of SketchUp, you will need to reinstall SunDAT.
- Check you have not opened an older version of SketchUp. If you have two versions of SketchUp installed when installing/reinstalling SunDAT, SunDAT will only work for the newer version of SketchUp (Example: if you have SketchUp 2017 and 2019 installed, SunDAT will only work on SketchUp 2019). Uninstall the older version to avoid opening the older version by accident.
SunDAT plugin file not saved in the correct location
- The plug-in file, sundat_extension.rb, needs to be saved in the correct location in order for SketchUp to open SunDAT. Check the file is saved in the correct folder:
- SketchUp 2019: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2019\SketchUp\Plugins
- SketchUp 2018: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2018\SketchUp\Plugins
- SketchUp 2017: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2017\SketchUp\Plugins
Note: <username> is your computer username.